View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Most experts will tell you that you are wasting your money on extended warranties. Just Google the subject and you will see I'm not kidding. You already have the lifetime power train warranty, you also have the 8 year 80,000 mile emissions warranty (engine control modules, cats) anything that causes the truck to fail smog test. I have never purchased an extended warranty on any of my new vehicles (5 trucks) and never needed it so I'm way ahead if I ever need to spend some on repairs. Think of it this way, what could really cost so much to fix? Any of the uncovered electronics can be gotten off a wrecking yard, as times passes, more and more aftermarket repairs and parts are available. If you plan to keep the truck past ten years keep it otherwise forget it. Electronics that fail usually fail right away, if they don't they last forever.