View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Color: Black
Rep:53
cyberpine will become famous soon enough

I have a 2010 Quad Hemi with just under 6000 miles. About to do my second oil change. I'm in Miami Florida ... mostly city driving, and according to the EVIC I'm Averaging between 10.7 and 11 mpg which I know is terrrible. Using normal oil and 87 grade. Saw no change when I tried super and don't plan to go synthetic either. I did see a nice spike to 13mpg after my first oil change, so I think I'm still breaking her in.

I never use the AC, but drive with windows open (including rear window) open all the time.

I also have a light weight areodynamic bed rack, but I was getting this mpg before I installed it.

I'm going to ask the dealer to look the truck during this next maintenance. Also considering mods to get me closer to 15mpg. Any suggestions? Air filter, exhaust, chip, gear change?

Dispite poor Gas Mileage, I'm thinking about mounting some 325/50/20s and 1/2 inch wheel spacers.. I figure If I'm gonna get terrible milage might as well get aggressive tires.