Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:39
Laffs is on a distinguished road
Default RUST - Stopping/Fixing/Preventing

Well, nearly had a massive coronary yesterday. Walked out to my truck and sure enough, two rust bubbles about the size of a pencil eraser on the bed wheelwell (driverside).

This shocks me as the trucks been undercoated every year! From what I looked at it seems like salt must have built up behind the wheel well and sat behind the bedside.

So. Now my 2006 Truck has rust. Called the dealer, Rust Warranty expired....a month ago. So now its all on me.

Whats the way to stop this from getting worse (otherside hasnt bubbled yet). Is there a way to get in behind there and POR15 everything? Or would the bedside have to come off to do that effectively?

I know the side thats bubbled with have to be ground down to bare metal and them primed and painted, I just want to make sure I don't end up having to do this all again in a year or two. I'd love to POR15 everything back there, but I don't think bedside removal is something I can do in the driveway without making things worse.

Sorry, alot of this is venting and might be jumbled, just super angry my new to me truck I thought I loved is already doing this.
Sponsored links