Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlzie View Post
hey guys.. so i bought my truck in November and have put just over 11000km's on it.. im the type that as im walking to the truck im looking to see if there are any scratches or problems visible.. Sadly i have noticed A LOT of deep scratches a finger nail deep.. if any of you have experience with detailing you know thats bad and its right through everything... yes it is a black truck BUT this is also my 3rd black truck.. none of them had scratched this easy and I only bring it through touchless washes or i do it myself just like the other trucks i had.. I also noticed RUST starting on my rims near the edges by the tires... my tires are filled with nitrogen.. this wouldn't have anything to do with that would it?

- I dont do any offroading with it
- I have taken real good care of it
- there was a fair amount of snow this winter but that shouldn't scratch that easy
- washed it once a week

So my question is should I take it to the dealership and complain about them not putting enough sealant if any on? then tell them to fix the scratches and rust on the rims?
Sad to say welcome to my world. The bumper was rubbing up against the fender because the tiny little mold impression that is cut was not filed down and rubbed in that spot. The clear coat cracked, rust formed, and then when I touched it the paint flaked off. I've had the truck 2 months it was built in December. I emailed Chrysler, they had someone from Michigan calling and apologizing. He told me to go to the nearest dealership when possible and have it digitized. The body shop the dealership uses got it quoted and I should hear back tomorrow with the coverage.

Just so you all know, the guy I spoke to in Michigan told me that the warranty covers perforation in the paint. So for you bumper to bumper warranty any perforation, peeling, chipping, rust forming underneath the paint will in fact be warrantied by Chrysler. Obviously rock chips and wear wont be covered, but its worth a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (35.6 KB, 27 views)