Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:92
bones06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpapa View Post
Bones, talked to Steve on Ebay and he has also been a big help. I found out that my stock wheels are a 17x7 and that the 17x9 spys would probably rub without a leveling kit. I did however find a Eagle Alloy 185 series wheel that I like, it comes in a 17x9 with a +2 offset and a 5mm bs. Since is would be a wider wheel with a positive offset would that create more of a rubbing issue? That wheel also comes is a -8mm offset which is almost the same as the -12 on the XD wheel. Sorry for the question I am a rookie when it comes to wheels and I am just wanting to get it right before making such a big purchase.
I was told that anything with a positive offset will cause rubbing with a wider tire. You have get a negative offset since it sets tires out farther. I dont know a whole lot about the whole tire sizing but that is one thing I was told by everyone. I would definitely do a level, I have the Bilsteins they didn't completely level the front. I did notice a big difference in ride comfort and handling compared to my old stock shocks.

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels