View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCoJoe View Post
I've got an 05 Ram with a 4.7 with 50,000 miles. It has been running great and still is but it's not running as best as it was about 10,000 miles ago when I first started using the programmer. It's time to change the spark plugs because they are still the stock factory ones in it. My question is even with running a programmer would it improve any performance aspects if I upgraded the plugs to lets say a double platinum or iridium, or hotter plug. Or should I just stick the same ole stock plugs back in it for another 30000 miles. Also, other buddies of mine that have stock 4.7 have been running NGK v-power plugs and they run great, but not sure how they would run since I run performance settings. Thanks for yall input.

Oh yea by the way in case all of yall were wondering my programmer is the DiabloSport Predator U7137, which for all of you that are wondering is awesome and would highly recommend!
Plugs other then OEM won't make any performance difference no matter what the advertisers say. The only difference platnium or iridium would make is you don't need to change them as often as OEM. A spark is a spark lets face it, you would get the same results if you smacked a hammer against the ground. Cause we all know detonation is detonation. What does make a performance difference with spark plugs is the gap. Also timing makes a huge performance difference.