View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about
Default Pulling a fellow Z member out...disaster

A while ago I exchanged number with a fellow member (RamNJ) to take him wheeling seeing that I wheel to often and he wanted to test the Ram off road. Monday night at about 630 I get a call from him hes stuck a few towns over in a extremly swampy area I head over to give him a hand and see that hes beyond buried all the way up his front suspension with a tire almost in the air in the rear w/ the 3.55 gearing and open diffs this rendered his rear wheels totally useless. After trying to pull from the front and barely budging him I proceded to pull from the back only being able to pull him a foot or two. But in this process I blocked my exit off the trail. After spending over and hour trying to k turn out of the blockage I put myself in he got his buddy out to help us w/ shovels and a chain saw. We gave up on his truck and decided hed need to do his in daylight we cut down a few trees to give my truck more room to get outta there...it wasnt helping so now its about 1am weve been there for hours Ive been eaten alive my skeeters and this mud is the worse ive ever seen and ive been wheeling every weekend almost for the past 2 years all over NJ my only choice was to try to squeeze between 2 trees and exit the other side of hte trail. I fit but not without smacking up my door pretty good (estimate of body shop 350$) It took about a halfhour to get to the other side of the trail through some mud holes where I thought my truck was gonna slide into the river if it wasnt my only choice I would never touch this mud alone. I get to the other side its gated off the boltcutters I borrowed from RamNJs friend break on trying to cut the bolt my only option was to yank the fence out w/ my truck thank god that worked all in all a fun/expensive/interesting night I think I might have malaria from the dozens of bites I got and its safe to say my trucks gonna be pavement princess for a while last 2 trips fourwheeling where nothing but dents and a blown motor enjoy the pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuck1.jpg (19.9 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg stuck2.jpg (21.9 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg stuck3.jpg (40.0 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg stuck4.jpg (36.6 KB, 346 views)
Sponsored links