View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
SoCoJoe is on a distinguished road

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but I know how to properly tune vehicles. I'm an ASE certified mechanic and have been working on cars for 15 yrs. Yes there are many great aspects of older mechanically operated vehicles that many people like including myself (love my 86 ramcharger 360 4barrel gas hog), but there are also many aspects of newer electronically controlled vehicles that make it possible for simple "add-on" upgrades, such as programmers to improve multiple applications for a variety of vehicle improvements.. such as: +,- rev limits; alter shift points and firmess; fuel tables; spark control..ect. which in turn can improve your vehicle either by better fuel economy, or greater hp, +tq..ect depending on what your wanting. With the touch of a button you can re-write factory codes that are electronically controled by the vehicles engine or transmission computer. whether or not you think they are garbage, programmers are a great tool to use for any modern vehicle to improve them without having to tear apart the engine/trans/diff to make any improvements.