Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough
Default I Got Killed..With a '11 R/T

This is an embarrassing thing to admit..but I raced twice tonight, and lost both races. The first guy I raced had an '08 2WD Tundra Double Cab with a 5.7, and he beat me by about 3 truck lengths. The next guy I raced had an '03 Silverado SS AWD, and he beat me by about 2 truck lengths. Both races were from a dead stop to about 100 mph. I was gaining on the SS towards the end of the race, but the Tundra had a better top end than my R/T. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. I had horrible take offs both times, partly due to the fact that it was my first time racing. But I still feel like I should have done much better. For take off I had it revved between 1,000 to 1,800 RPMs. At 2,000 RPMs I start spinning. So, any thoughts on how I could improve?
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Sponsored links