Here is the process for removing the tape. Easiest mod in the world. Took all of 15-20 minutes to do. Before/After pics are posted in a separate thread (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83107
1) Remove the weatherstripping screw from inside the door.
2) Slowly peel back tape from the outside edge.
3) Pull loose from window pillar (sorry, forgot to rotate the picture of this and edit would not allow me to do so).
4) Use your thumb to help hold back the window liner to get all of the tape off from the inside edge.
5) Clean any remaining residue off (I had almost none).
NOTE: The screw on the back door should be removed with a magnetic screwdriver to help prevent it from falling inside the door. If you do not have one of these, a simple remedy is to stuff some paper in the weatherstripping just under the screw. If the screw falls loose from the screwdriver, the paper will prevent it from falling in the door (see last pic).