View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

On the instruction sheet for my Mag-Hytec cover, it reads on some Ram setups, you will have clearance issues, it suggests that you should use washers or spacers when installing

A word of caution to the installer / vehicle owner:
The Mag-Hytec cover is designed to fit the factory Dodge axles as supplied as original equipment. However, in some applications, or
because of the use of certain factory options and/or after market equipment, there may be clearance problems between your Mag-
Hytec cover and other vehicle systems (specifically some rear sway bars). It may be necessary to install spacers or shims to lower the
sway bar. It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner/cover installer to ensure that no other vehicle component comes"in contact with
the Mag-Hytec cover. Contact with any vehicle component, or the making of any modification to the Mag-Hytec cover,
automatically voids the warranty. Mag-Hytec assumes no liability, expressed or implied, for damage or injury to persons or
property.

http://www.mag-hytec.com/Dodge%20Dif...%2012-9_25.pdf

just a thought, go to the Home Depot or Lowes, buy a length or 2 of the foam pipe insulation that will fit around those bars, then use masking tape to secure it in place temporarily to see if that is your problem, i mentioned a second piece or insulation because i use a floor jack, i put a length of insulation over the whole jack handle, now when i am jacking up a vehicle, the metal jack handle doesn't hit the vehicles bumper, i hated that noise & it has worked for years

[IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 05-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.