Vehicle: 2002 2500 ram
Trim Level: LT
Color: almond
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:19
spockmckoy is on a distinguished road
Angry replaced exhaust today...

Hi,
I just replaced the entire exhaust from rear of cat to tailpipe. I went to Advance auto near me because of how fast they got the parts and the price. BUT -- I asked for OEM exhaust because I wanted to use all original mounts. The problem I had with their OEM muffler was the outlet side was not flared to accept the tailpipe. I tried with my manual spreader after I called Advance and asked why it isn't flared, I took it back and they tried their spreader, theirs didn't work either. Fortunately, the salesman had a friend at the Midas up the road and sent me there to have it flared with their hydraulic spreader. I should not have had to go through this. It is a muffler made in the U.S.A. 'Sound Design' was on the box as to the maker of it. I didn't want some rumblin exhaust. Just a standard quiet muffler. [the original exhaust from 02' was still on the truck] I need to work out of it and it isn't a race truck. Just a heads up to look for this if you need to change out your muffler. Look/fit the pieces in Advance [or any store] before you leave. PIA!!! I spent 20 minutes hanging the exhaust after several hours of BS running around.
Sponsored links