View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default Ball mount selection

I'm not new to towing, but am new to buying a ball mount, I've always towed with other peoples vehicles, or my vehicles already had everything setup. I need to buy a ball mount and am trying to figure out what drop/rise I need, and I know it depends on trailer height, but was hoping some of you experts could help me with a general range based on the standard open lawn equipment trailer type stuff. My truck is stock ride height, but I may drop it about an inch or two in the future, if that matters. I have a curt class IV receiver, I know it's overkill for my truck, but I'd rather have something a little beefier than at it's limit, and I want a ball mount that I could tow 8,000lb with if I ever change my gears(the way my truck is currently setup I am rated for 6,250). Again, I'd just rather have the heavier duty one. Any suggestions please I need this fairly soon and only want to buy it once! Thank you.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links