Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough
Default Magnaflow 22" vs Flowmaster 50 series

I'm going to the muffler shop in a week and half. The guy at the muffler shop stocks Flowmaster, but can order Magnaflow. I wanna get a muffler that sounds barely louder than stock, or just as quiet as stock. My reasons for getting a muffler replacement are not for sound, but for performance and fuel economy.

The muffler shop owner said the performance gains for a Magnaflow and Flowmaster would be the same, but that the Flowmaster would help fuel economy and the Magnaflow wouldn't.

I haven't heard either one in person, but going by what I've heard on youtube, I'm slightly partial towards Magnaflow. I also know that Magnaflow is much more popular.

Supposedly, he'll let me hear both of them on my truck, but I have my doubts if he'll actually go through all the trouble of doing that.

So what are y'all's thoughts? What are the pros and cons of each?
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Sponsored links