Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
tjcole is on a distinguished road

Ok, I just recently spent a whole lot of time researching brakes for my 2007 Ram and will share what I learned with you.

I personnally liked the EBC line of brakes and rotors. I bought them from a reseller called http://placeforbrakes.com/ They by far are the cheapest and have free shipping.

Since I do some heavy towing, I wanted the most stopping power. So I got the "Yellowstuff" brakes and the GD-series rotors. And now my truck stops way better than I ever hoped for. I tow at 90% of my max capacity and these babys really work.

Now if you don't need the maximum stopping power, try the "redstuff" pads, they produce minimal dust.
But no matter what pad you choose, I'd use the GD-series rotors. They are awesome!
The site for ebc brakes is here --> http://www.ebcbrakes.com/selector.shtml

I know I'm new to this forum, but I have been into restoring Buick Muscle cars since 1985 and have aquired much knowledge in thing relating to automotive.

So figure out what you want or expect to use your truck for. Don't buy just good enough for today, because down the road you never know what you might be using your truck for. So get some good brakes that will have more than enough power for what you use it for today.
That being said, I suggest the EBC rotors and pads. The total for my 2007 Ram 1500 for all new rotors and pads for all four wheels came to exactly $690 and that includes shipping. See if the dealer or the local NAPA can beat that with their "premium" stuff!

Good luck and if you have any questions about these, let me know, I put them on all my vehicles!

Cheers,

Todd Cole