Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Hemi Crew
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
H22A1 will become famous soon enough
Default snapped front axle

i have a 2010 hemi 4x4 and was out in the bush on some muddy roads out camping. came up to a bog that didn't look bad, so in i go. i have 33" goodyear duratracs, and the lsd axle so i thought it would be easy. got have way through then i hear a clunking noise, and notice im not moving. spinning rear wheels, front driver side staying put. got some help and got out of it in 2wd, but when i went under the truck i saw the axle joint sheared off and clunking around when the trucks moving. its over at the dealership now getting fixed. they said warrenty will cover it as long as they dont find any signs of abuse of what not. im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. are the front axles that weak? i wasn't pushing at all really. 50-60% throttle though a mud puddle basically.... a axle shouldn't have snapped from that...anyways makes me weary of offroading if components are that fragile. im looking into skid plates and what not for added protection, but something just doesn't seem right when something like that lets loose...
k&n drop in with airbox mod
Line-x liner
33" goodyear duratracs
Sponsored links