View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them that you want the broken pieces for a trophy, then take those parts to a shop that works on 4X4 trucks for an opinion on how it could have broken, it may have been a badly made part

Just a month ago, i had my 2X4 at the dealership to get the complete drive shaft & U-joints replaced, manufacturing defect.
Then i went to a Dyno Shop that does repairs & upgrades the very next day & had a finned differential cover put on, it has a magnetic drain plug in it. Then they filled the rear end with Royal Purple.... NOW here is the kicker, last week i went to the dealer to get an oil change & have a cracked exhaust manifold replaced, when i picked it up, they said that my rear differential fluid needed changing & that it was dirty!!, i had not been anywhere where the road wasn't paved & had driven less than 300 miles since the change to RP. They also said that my transmission needed servicing, i had changed it to RP at the same time as the rear end, i had a COMPLETE fluid flush & the inner & outer filters changed. Everything is still clean under there, so they had to see that everything had been recently worked on, i think they go by what your computerized history reads, not by what a Tech told them
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle