View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Location: I live in 3 places in this world. Atikokan, Ontario. Canada./Larkspur, California/Waikiki, Hawaii
Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram(Conversion) Van
Trim Level: Conversion
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Wolfwasp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfwasp
Default Oil pressure question

Greetings friends,
I took my van in because the oil pressure guage was dropping to "0" then jumping back up to normal at stop lights and when idling.
The mechanic removed the light indicator wires from the "sending unit?" then he removed the unit and screwed in a pressure guage and said that he thought the pressure was low.
He wondered if there was another place to check the pressure. He looked but didn't find anything. I told him about the ForumZ and he said to ask if there was another place to check the oil pressure other than the one at the back of the motor (the one with the wires that go to the guage)

He changed the oil with 20W50 and the needle on the guage doesn't do that anymore....so far. I drove it for about 50 miles after I left the shop but I am not comfortable with that fix. I prefer to use 10W30 which I have used for years.
Does anyone know of another place to check oil pressure other than the one that I described.
I much appreciate any suggestions.
Best Regards,
Wolfwasp
Sponsored links