View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwasp View Post
Greetings friends,
I took my van in because the oil pressure guage was dropping to "0" then jumping back up to normal at stop lights and when idling.
The mechanic removed the light indicator wires from the "sending unit?" then he removed the unit and screwed in a pressure guage and said that he thought the pressure was low.
He wondered if there was another place to check the pressure. He looked but didn't find anything. I told him about the ForumZ and he said to ask if there was another place to check the oil pressure other than the one at the back of the motor (the one with the wires that go to the guage)

He changed the oil with 20W50 and the needle on the guage doesn't do that anymore....so far. I drove it for about 50 miles after I left the shop but I am not comfortable with that fix. I prefer to use 10W30 which I have used for years.
Does anyone know of another place to check oil pressure other than the one that I described.
I much appreciate any suggestions.
Best Regards,
Wolfwasp
The only place to check oil pressure is to remove that sending unit thats it. THe sending unit is located next to the distributor on the right side of the rear of the engine.

Anyways if you are reading low oil pressure you may want to have the oil pump replaced, you can get a upgraded one which has 25% more flow.

Take some pics of the van, I have a conversion van too. I have a 95 and had a 02 or 03 I forgot.

Last edited by ramvan2500; 06-01-2011 at 03:01 PM.