View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwasp View Post
Mileage is 196K. I bought it at 150K and have been doing everything the last guy should have. But I don't mind. It was in good shape cosmetically and it is a project/hobby for me. (Kind of expen$$$ive tho....)
I had the heads replaced because it wouldn't pass SMOG and there were only 2 valves that looked suspect. And it still wouldn't pass SMOG. Turned out it was a faulty coil sending crazy and different messages to the computer. It has been a lot of fun fixing it up since the coil was replaced.
We moved to California a few years ago and I am about 30 minutes from Napa and the same to SF, so when people come to visit I become the chauffeur / wine country guide / designated driver / butler / etc. etc. I really enjoy it.
It is a great way for 4-6 people to get around California.
I will definitely take some pictures from now on.
Hehe, I wonder who ripped you off with the heads because changing heads wouldn't make two hoots and a fig with inspection. If you changed the Catalytic you would do much better but the dodge vans that have a EGR valve will always have a high NoX reading. Having the heads replaced was still good but it would of been the same as if you did a valve job which would of cost you 100+ bucks only because you would have to replace gaskets. Anyways though if your ever in florida just give me a hollar and bring the van by and I'll fix it for you for free minus parts of course. Anyways, I'm lucky I don't have inspection where I live but I still have to replace my muffler and cat soon. My muffler is ready to split down the middle but for 16 years it is going to happen.

Anyways with your low oil pressure I am quite sure your pump is the issue, I thought for a second maybe his bearings are done with but I'm thinking only 196K miles I've seen vans with over 300K with the original bearings that and the van would make some horrible sounds.

It's going to be the driver as long as they tip you lol.

Last edited by ramvan2500; 06-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.