Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi SLT 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Stone White
Rep:132
Upstater will become famous soon enoughUpstater will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down WARNING - Do not use BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com

I just had perhaps the strangest experience ever when attempting to purchase something online. These people are so bizarre I honestly don't know if they're running a scam or just incredibly stupid.

On May 15th I ordered a set of LED lights to mount under the bedrails from them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who orders things online and has them delivered to a work address (I've done it dozens of times myself without incident), but apparently this is a huge problem for them.

So last week I realized that outside of an auto-confirmation e-mail generated when I placed the order I hadn't heard a thing (we're talking about a $100 order here). I sent a copy of the e-mail I got from them to their customer service address asking about my order and heard... nothing.

Today I called them to ask about the status of my order, and what sounded like a stoned teenage girl says "Uh, there's a problem with your order. We've been trying to contact you but you haven't called back". Now this is baloney, nobody has ever left me a message, or even called and hung up (the call log on my phone would show it).

I ask her what the problem is, and she starts mumbling something about the shipping address not being the same as the billing address... DUH! She asks me why I'm using a different shipping address (seriously??) and I tell her that I'm not home to receive the package (DUH #2!) so I want it shipped to my office. Then she starts telling me they need more information and it's for my protection, and I have to have a land line number for my home, yada yada yada... the whole thing just got really weird. I've NEVER had a merchant give me such a line of crap in my life!

I told her to cancel the order and she said ok and hung up!

Maybe others have had a good experience with this outfit, but their behavior raised all kinds of red flags for me!
Sponsored links