View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:19
Flat Spot is on a distinguished road
Default 22" Magnaflow installed today - Love it!

I've been reading these post for a couple of weeks now trying to decide which Magnaflow to go with. I installed a Magnaflow cat-back system on my Tacoma last year and found the drone to be too much for me. I had to install a resonator to reduce the drone, but after it was installed I lost the low growl of the muffler. I didn't want to have to do that again. I was very close to going with the 18", but was afraid it would be too agressive for me. I'm almost 37 if that has anything to do with my taste.

I decided to go with the 22 and found that it was perfect for me. Everything else is stock. The sound is certainly more aggressive, but not obnoxious by any means and NO DRONE! I got a couple looks tonight in the Home Depot parking lot when I started it up and drove away.

I hear that the full Magnaflow cat-back system uses the 22 without the resonators and there is no drone. I wonder if I remove mine if it would be to much. For now I'll stick with just the muffler as I'm happy with it. I may do the Y pipe next, but not sure how much it will help.
Sponsored links