View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Thanks guys! No one answered the question about sudding up the entire truck before I rinse it off. Is this safe or will the turtle wax ice soap damage the paint if it stays on it to long?
I would not do that. I would wash one panel at a time and rinse. Unless you have deionized water and perfect variables, it will not work very well for you. Many detailers use a foam gun to lay a layer of soap on the paint before rinsing. This allows the chemicals in the soap to remove the dirt, then you rinse it without ever touching it with your mitt [no contact = no marring of the paint], then refoam the paint and wash it with your mitt. IF the surface of your paint is cool to the touch, and it's not hot or sunny out, you could try to sud up the entire truck, but when the water dries it will leave spots, so try to avoid that.

If you get a chance, look into purchasing Meguiar's Gold Class car Shampoo, or some Duragloss shampoo. Those will both serve you very well.