View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Changed water pump/engine knocks

I did a quick search and didn't find anything so here's what I did. I have a 96 Ram 1500 with a 318. It has about 85K on it. It was my Dad's truck and when he passed away I bought it form the estate. It was very well taken care of when Dad had it. I only put a few thousand miles a year on it, so it sets alot. I went to the dump and it over heated, luckily I know the guys at the dump well enough that they gave me 2 gallons of antifreeze to get home. Pulled the water pump and it was rusty but looked ok. Pulled the thermostat and it was packed solid with rust. Put on a new pum and thermostat. While I was at it I put in new plugs, wires and air filter. I started it up and I have a knock. Relatively slow steady knock. It does increase when reved up, but it's not a fast sound like the impellers hitting or the fan hitting the shroud. I checked to see if I might have crossed a couple plug wires, but they are ok. Any Ideas? Thanks, Joe.
Sponsored links