Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
10ramisport will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
That's a nice cover you have there, 10ramisport. Please tell more!

Is it waterproof? How does the electric action work? How hard is it to uninstall if you need the full bed?
Just like theweavman said its about 99.9% waterproof. For the E series cover, I would not want to take it off (for full use of bed) once installed because of the wiring. It could be done but would be a hassle. Not sure about the manual though.
The original tie down rails would have to be removed for installation but you still have use of the bed divider/tailgate extender. Just can't stow the divider at the front of the bed due to the cover canister. But for the most part, you have about 90-95% of the bed to use in my opinion.
As for the electric part, it has 2 key Fobs with 3 buttons (open/close/light). One press of the open or close button and it will go all the way. One more press and you can stop it at anywhere along the length of the bed as well. I usually walk up to the truck, open the cover, put whatever in, get in the truck and can close it from the inside . It also has a feature to manually open/close as well. HTH