Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough

I was stationed in SC for 5.5 years. We were on our "transition day" between a phase 1 and phase 2 exercise. Few of us decided to meet up and go to dinner. At the time I drove a 94 GMC that I had done a lot of work to. So my buddy DJ was riding shotgun and we were sitting at a red light, the car beside me starts creeping...light changed, I gun it....didn't see the cop coming up the side street. lol So the two LE's get out of the car, hands on their guns as they walk up to the truck, I'm laughing my ass off. LEO that came to me says "you mind explaining yourself?" I said "not at all, I thought he wanted to run 'em." Cop just shook his head, laughed, and gave me a warning for "improper start" lol. My last few years there I lived like 3 blocks from the LE office (on the wrong side of the tracks). I was making a grocery run one after noon, the truck was anything but quiet and didn't like doing 55...so on the highway I was running around 65, LE passes in the other direction, brake lights, then blue lights...I promptly took the next exit and went to the nearest store. LEO was all of 5' tall little black guy. The first thing out of his mouth was "we've been after you a long time and now we got you"....wtf, I live 3 blocks from your office, it's not like my truck "blended in" in any way shape or form. I've always and still do respect LEO's...since we "kinda" have the same job...but him popping off with that really pissed me off. But I just smiled took my tickets...yes tickets...speeding and my registration wasn't signed lol. 325 bucks, but they dropped the registration one since I fixed it on the spot.

Just because we did/do someting stupid, it didn't/doesn't give us the right to be a smartass to them....just because the LEO comes off as a jackass, doesn't mean he actually is one...everyone has bad days. I've been caught red handed doing dumb stuff and gotten a warning or "behave yourself and have a good night" after flashing my military ID.
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff