Old 06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 94 2500 V10
Color: green
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:28
E.M.S. is on a distinguished road
Default Huge problem

well, i sold my car and have been driving my "work truck" alot more than expected so i thought i would do a little fuel saving maintenence. i have had the truck for almost a year and it has just over 100,000 miles on it and they are hard, working miles but the truck runs real strong and has been realatively problem free for me.

yesterday i got home from a 24 hr shift and decided to swap out the spark plugs because it was something i just simply didn't have time to do before the winter came and i figured they have been in there for god knows how long lets get them out and take a peek to see how things are going.

well, i started on cylinder #1 and said "shit this is tough" went to #2 and it was much easier, had more room, easier to get at witht the angle the plugs were at so i did the entire passenger side, even numbers. i have to say that i believe these plugs to be original from 94. they are clean and surprisingly show a good clean working engine after all this time.

the problem is that they have so much built up rust around them that i have to scrape the old oxidized iron with a pick and screw driver to get a socket on them once they are almost out i vacuumed around them to get the dust and shavings out then removed the plug and vacuumed again before installing the new one. on cylindar #3 so drivers side second one from the front, i had to apply so much force to "break" it free that the plug actually sheared apart leaving just the threaded part in the head. the ceramic core came out so i can see directly into the combustion chamber.

How the hell am i going to get the rest of them out? they are at a shitty angle and burried under the steering and master cylinder pointing towards the firewall and will a "bolt out" screw and bolt extractor actually be able to free the broken plug?

please guys. i have an interview this afternoon at a local fire dept and need my truck. i hate to rent a ****ing car to get there but i will.