Old 06-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:30
ELFATKAT is on a distinguished road
Cool Had my first Check Engine light

I had my first check engine light come on last week. I also had my first oil change due and the recall for the rear diff.

I called the dealership, which I am not very fond of. I will no go into details about my buying experience since most of it was my fault. I still love my truck, especially every time I step on the gas and hear that HEMI roar!

So the service experience was not bad. I called and made an "appointment" for the oil change. I told the guy about the recall, but he said he wanted to check if they had the parts so I was going to take it for the oil change and if they had the parts they would do the recall if not I would come back.

My appt was at 2pm, but I dropped it off early since the check engine light had turned on. It turned on the day after I made the appointment.

They did the oil change and the recall and they said the CE light was just a stored error about the evac system. Said I probably did not tighten my gas cap on tight enuff. I guess I will keep an eye on it and see if it comes back. I always go a few clicks when I close the gas cap, but I do remember getting that with my Dakota and my Durango. I have not decided if I will go back to this service dept or find another one. This is the closest one and where I bought my truck.
Sponsored links