Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
JPLReptiles is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 Ram Hemi

I put a deposit down on this truck:

http://www.ecarlink.com/web/used/Dod...as-TX/1025723/

Just waiting to close on my new house on the 17th and then I can sign the paper work for the truck. I would of gone with an 09' but I didn't want the higher payments at this time.

Anyways it's already got a K&N and I'd like to put in an exaust. I think I'm going to follow Maddogs mods to a certain point. I like the exaust and the predator tuner. I'm liklely going to do headers but I'm not 100% sure at this point.

Gas mileage is a factor as I work around 75miles away from work one way! Although I drive to work 2 days a week so it's not to bad. I don't want to go to over the top but I understand I may lose some mpg's.

I live in South Florida and I'm not sure what else is worth doing besides the mods mentioned above. I'm planning a few things for looks like the rolling bed cover, side rails, hitch cover, front end leveling kit (raised), new darker tints, that covers most of it.

I've been doing some reading and I see things like new larger throttle bodies, 6.1L intakes, 180 degree thermostats, electric fans, cams, and so on.

I'm going to do all the things that can increase gas mileage and then I'm going to start getting into strictly performance mods. I don't plan on doing anything major like super chargers at this time. A 14sec 1/4mile truck would be awesome but that's pretty unrealistic for what I'm looking for I think. I plan on taking this one step at a time but what would my line up be inorder to get where I want to be?

I'll update with pics as I go but till then, They took some excellent pics of the truck for everyone to look at!

Last edited by JPLReptiles; 06-07-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored links