Old 06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Blackthunder is on a distinguished road
Default Not customer friendly, that's for sure.

I took my Ram into a dealership close to work, with appt., last night, for the puddle light TSB and a power door lock that was not operating. All warranty issues.

The dealership is Suburban Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Troy. That's Troy, Michigan.

When I arrived, the service writer acted like I was a big inconvenience to him. Very rude. At first he couldn't even get the right VIN number put in his computer. It took him 3 times to do this. All the while I'm trying to tell him my concerns, he is allowing to get himself involved with non-work related conversations with 2 other people and completely ignoring me. Then he states that none of the issues will be covered under warranty and my rental car will not be covered (I have extended warranty coverage that covers rental), I told him that the truck is new (5k miles) and I do have coverage. He continued to say no, so I looked at his computer screen. He had a truck that was registered and tagged in Denver, CO as a commercial vehicle. I told him you have the wrong truck. He then went out to re-copy the VIN again and finally had the right truck on the screen.

When he finally had it written up, he gave me the option of walking to Enterprise or he would call them for a pick-up. Enterprise was a quarter mile down the road. I chose to walk. I felt that he might be pushed over the top if he made a phone call.

I had to make all the arrangements with Enterprise, which the service writer is supposed to do. Enterprise was shocked.

Anyway, I realize now I should of canceled the appointment and went elsewhere as I am really nervous about this. I chose this dealership because they are close to my work. It was a mistake. I should of went back to my selling dealership, which isn't much better.

It just amazes me how Chrysler will hire people to represent the company in such a poor manor. You would think that they would want to treat people in a way that you would want to return. I have my fingers crossed as to if I get my truck back fixed correctly and not damaged.

Even if things work out, I will never go back or recommend Suburban Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Troy, MI. The service writer I dealt with was rude with no customer service skills whatsoever.
Sponsored links