View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

The superchips has several options. You can do a "quick tune" which basically is all preset options, and tunes based on the following choices: mileage xs, 87, tow, 91 perf, 93 perf. I've used the tow, 91 perf, and 93 perf quick tunes and they all alter trans shifting.....You can also do an "advanced tune" in the same settings: mileage xs, 87, tow, 91 perf, and 93 perf.... and you can customize your options such as rev limiter, tire size, gearing, fan on temps, etc.... I almost always have mine set up with the 91 perf "advanced tune" and adjust my fan on temp, I leave every other setting basically the same as the "quick tune". So in short, yes the tuning adjusts transmission, but there is another option called "stock with options" which I assume leaves everything stock including trans, but allows you to change tire sizes, gearing, etc...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.