View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
cirrus9 is on a distinguished road
Default Seat Upgrade Wiring Challenge

First, being new here, let me thank you all for taking time to consider my dilemma, and perhaps providing some of your experience. I have an '06 Ram 1500 which came with the base model seats - no power or heat - (and lots of sore butt and back) and I've installed the upgraded cloth seats from an '07 1500 Quad Cab, which have a power driver's seat and lumbar support. Needless to say, the plugs don't match up (which I expected) but the surprise was that the airbag circuit apparently goes through the seat harness, and both my seatbelt and AIRBAG idiot lights are on. hmmmmm.....
So, the questions are: This would seem like a common project; has anyone ever actually completed this upgrade before? If so, how did you accomplish the wiring?
If no, then does anyone know where I can get factory wiring diagrams for this part of the harness? My Haynes Manual didn't even come close, and after spending $26 for an ALLDATA subscription, I found that they have very minimal wiring information (FYI!).
If no, then has anyone ever had the wiring harness out of a Gen3? Is the section that runs under the seat modular, i.e. does that section unplug from the main harness to accomodate the different seat configurations?
Thanks for any help or experience you can provide.
Sponsored links