View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

I felt that the part throttle upshift made the most difference out of all the settings, stock setting the truck would shift to soon and to low so it felt sluggish after an upshift until it got back into the power band. I started with 1000rpm over stock then adjust from there after driving for while, getting your shift points were you like them for your driving style and terrain, takes trial and error. My shift points vary between 500 & 1000 above stock , dont be afraid , its a great adjustment. If your not comfortable you can start low and work it from there , maybe about 500 above. I run the 91 oct, with adjustments to All part throttle upshift, WOT upshift, Rev lim in drive, speed lim , throttle sensitivity.

WOT - Put mine at 5810 helps a little, not a big deal

Rev limiter ( in drive) - Reduces the hesitation in between WOT shifts set mine +600

The adjustement listed above are a great trial and error, your not gonna hurt anything, if the truck feels like its rpms are getting to high then just let your foot of the throttle and it will shift, then you can adjust that shift point. The ones I wouldnt screw with unless you absolutly know what your doing are spark and fuel adjustments.
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,

Last edited by FDBDW; 06-19-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: spelling