View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

While using the 91 tune with 93 fuel I have had no issues with detonating. I'm sure if I tried to tow something with some real weight it would detonate. I've pulled a little utility trailer I don't know what it weighed probably just a few hundred pounds, no issues there. Also no issues hauling about 500lbs. You're not supposed to pull alot of weight in the performance mode, so if I were to put anything over 1000lb I'd retune it, and if I was going to have anything back there over 500lb on a long trip I'd also retune it for the trip. I like the 91 tune using 93 fuel, it runs very strong and leaves a little safety margin.
As far as the cold air intake causing the engine to run lean...this won't happen. The computer will read the temperature and amount of air entering the engine and will compensate the fuel being injected accordingly. The intake has an intake air temperature sensor, there is also a manifold absolute pressure sensor (I think these engines use the MAP setup, as there is no mass air flow sensor...), and the oxygen sensors that all work together to read these conditions then the computer will make the adjustments, so in short it will automatically keep the proper air fuel ratio.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.