View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold
Default Interesting Gas Mileage Change

I've been running the 93 octane tune in my truck and consistently getting around 20.3 mpg on the highway running about 65 mph. While on the Gatty trip the best gas I could find in TN was 92 octane (they may sell higher but that was the best I could find) so I had to run that and because I left the Diablo at home I couldn't de-tune the setting. After running two tanks through on our trip my highway mileage dropped to 18.4 mph, down roughly 11.1%, on the trip back home. All of this mileage was noted using the on-board computer so even if not completely accurate I was comparing apples to apples. I didn't notice any knocking or pinging going on with the lower octane but there definitely was a decrease in mileage. Do you all think a drop of 1 octane could cause that or do you have some ideas of what's happened? Oh, and we didn't come home with a bunch of souvenirs so no weight difference on the return trip.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Sponsored links