View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default What do you guys do for a living?

As we are all very aware, these trucks are not cheap! At least those of us that bought ours brand new anyway, not sure what you guys are paying for the used Rams... Its also NOT cheap to keep these things filled with gas so I am assuming you guys have some decent jobs (or maybe your parents do).

Anyway,
I am an X-Ray Tech and I just bought my 2011 Ram 1500 less than 2 months ago. Before I finished school and got this job I could have NEVER afforded such a nice vehicle and I doubt I would have ever even thought about buying anything brand new. I spent the majority of my working life doing hard labor intensive work such as working in warehouses loading trucks. That hard work was 10X harder while going to school at the same time! Lets just say that the second I decided on my truck I felt that I deserved it and my girlfriend/fiance even said that out loud on the way home which was nice to hear!! lol I am expecting my first child at the end of August and she is the main reason I went ahead and got the truck. I would never have felt safe putting her in my old car and I needed something that would actually start up for me when I wanted it to instead of doing what it felt like and leaving me stranded at random times. (One day when I was in school, I actually got to leave early from my clinical. I went out to my car and it would not start to save my life! I had a guy try to jump it and everything! I messed with it for an hour and finally gave up and called someone to come get me. Well, when the time came around that I would have been leaving clinical anyway, my ride hadn't gotten there yet but my car decided to start right up on the first try! Go figure)

What about the rest of you guys? Some of you have brand new rams with $1000's in modifications done to them already!! What in the world do you guys do for a living??