Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII View Post
The only solution to the leak is to replace the pinion seal. When the pinion bearing starts getting play in it it will bang and wear at the seal until it starts leaking. A loose pinion bearing will cause a vibration as well. This may not be your vibration problem, but while you are having that seal replaced it would be a good idea to have that bearing inspected at the same time.
yeah i know that the only solution is to replace the seal, that part was a given. and when a dealer replaces the seal arent' they required to check the bearing for fitment anyways? i would certainly hope so.

i'm more concerned with the vibration as the seal is an easier job. it wouldn't be crazy to think that the vibration and seal were/are caused by a failing u joint would it? gas applied doesnt seem to affect the vib at 40 or around 65 and i can slip into neutral at those speeds and it's still apparent.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL

Last edited by cosbourn; 06-29-2011 at 12:40 PM.