Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
Lonewolf- the ottomax kit was designed for 4x4 trucks so I think youll see the advertised 2".

edit: to answer your questions yes I would recommend the kit. I think being that my truck is 2wd I didn't get the full drop. I've pulled the p/n off my factory rear coils...any chance you can get the p/n from yours? If they are the same then you might see the same drop as me but if they are different then I believe you'll benefit. How high is your truck right now? From the ground to the bottom of the wheel well?

I do think it's bs that you have to shim the shocks...that's the only part I don't like. For $300+ they should get some shocks that fit correctly.

You can try to cut some factory coils. I would suggest starting with maybe half a coil if you go that route and see what you get. Then cut more if needed. I wonder if you'd lose some payload capacity by doing that? I dunno.

I'll get you the the info this weekend when I have time to play with the truck. Thanks for the suggestions so far. No other companys make rear lowering springs yet for 2011 1500 4x4's?