View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
Crawler Hauler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
There is some performance gain. After the lift was installed it rides much better then stock. Now sence I put bilstein 5100's on my ride has improved even more. There is more travel in the front now. You say people think a lift has more performance? That just depends on what type of lift they buy. Just my 2cence.
The improvement in ride is a function of the shocks, you said it yourself.

How can there be more travel? The limiting factor of the range of motion are the control arms. You did not change those.

You can test this theory by ramping your truck and giving us your RTI score. Unless you have longer control arms, you won't have a substantially higher score. You will see a few points that can be attributed to the bigger tires giving you some flex, but that won't add up to more than a handful of points.

For those not familiar, RTI stands for Ramp Travel Index. It's a way to compare the flex of one vehicle to the next, or see how much wheel travel you can get from a particular modification on the same vehicle.

Or you can measure it the way the desert racers measure wheel travel, in inches. Either way, if it improved, I'm curious to know how much.

I think the improvement you enjoy is in the quality of the ride, which comes from the shocks.

Last edited by Crawler Hauler; 07-02-2011 at 06:31 PM.