View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
Nope no cover, no threads on it , nothing> It is more like a quick connect type fitting for an air tool... kinda sucks that its leaking. Guess I will see what I can do, ?
I'm aware of the fitting type, usually they have a screw on cap like you would find on the tires. Well I can first start off by telling you that those types of valves you and I have are known for leaking, mine even leaked and it's so low that the compressor cannot kick on because of the safety pressure switches. Well anyways I would just evac the system oil that valve a little and then try to fill it up a little bit, you might get lucky. But if no go then you probably would need to replace that line, and first hand experience I can tell you that would cost a little amount of money because it's pre-bent. I could if you want get you a oil used line from another truck, it's a gamble of the same issue happening but it's worth a shot and I can tell you the part I would give you would still be 90% cheaper than any store, dealer, retailer. But if you need any help or part numbers anything at all just name it and I'll try my best, I too and A/C less until I can round up 170 bucks to have my system evaced and charged. and again I too have a leak mines so small it takes years to leak out. so I'm really burning my money but, A/C is essential, especially in the south with all the bugs and humidity.