View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 raM 1500
Rep:10
tm01 is on a distinguished road
Default going to add fuel and a match if i cant fix this problem.

Well Ive been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this trucks problem out. It runs really rich and gas miliage is severely off. It idles really rough if at all and anywhere between idle and 2000 rpms is rough and seems to have a miss after 2k itll smooth out. yesterday i took it for a very short ride and had the gas pedal to the floor and it only revved to 3k rpms. the trucks and 01 with a 5.9l 4wd .

The only code im getting now is P1282 but ive swapped fuel relays and im getting the same voltage at the pdc as is in the battery in the 30 and 87 port. Im just going to list what ive done and checked. fuel pressures at 45 psi, new timing gears and chain set, recent plugs, wires, cap and rotor, intake and plenum gasket set, new coil, new map sensor, new iac. Also the head gaskets are good and not burning oil and theres no vacume leaks. I tried replacing the ecm with a new one but the one i got was garbage and give me error p0601 which is internal controller failure. Its being sent back tom. My old pcm is only giving me the one p1282 code now after changing all those other sensors.

It has spark on all wires but seems to be loading up causing idling issues. the idling issue gets progessively worse the longer it runs. The cat seems to be fine, no rattling and there is a good amount of exaust flowing out. Its almost as if the injectors are just always shooting in gas. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links