View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krome01 View Post
i have an 01 5.2L and it did that 2 summers ago.. after running injector cleaner, cleaning the throttle body and checking the air filter and none of those things did anything, i changed all the spark plugs/wires/distributer cap and everything was better
hope this helps

+1 on taking care of the 46(i had to replace mine at 114k and its not cheap)
It's very cheap if you do it yourself. Besides no need to replace it just rebuild it, even better. Anyways what you want to be careful for is the tappered cooler line fittings, if you overtighten them you will crack the transmission housing, then you have to replace the housing and the housing I can tell you is getting harder to find each day, even going to the junk yards cause it has to be a A518 type case exactly. And you can forget welding because it's cast aluminum and where it cracks isn't the best spot to weld.

Anyways the 46 should last a long time if you don't use it, what I mean is if you take care of it properly and you only use it to do regular highway driving, nothing serious like towing or burn outs lol....