View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
I dont know what pag oil is? But I put water in the valve to check for the leak... It would bubble so I used a rod clamped in a pair of vice grips and I would give it a few raps to blow the water out and then check again for leaks. It sometimes bubbled more or less and finally it stopped. I noticed the vave is threaded inside the top tortion so I found a bolt with a locknut and a rubber o-ring and made my own makeshift cap. it still has a charge today so I guess I did a good job for the time being. Ill keep posted on how it holds up and Ill get a pic posted soon.
Like I said they come with a cap on them, the valves on the pickups haven't changed and they are the same as on the vans and cars etc... PAG oil is refrigeration lube that you put in the compressor and in the lines, it helps keep the system and o-rings lubed and conditioned. Anyways, neither refrigerant 134 and pag are toxic but if you mix them they are very toxic so be careful when playing with refrigeration systems. I don't mess to much with the systems because I don't have anything to capture the refrigerant from going into the ozone and I don't want the EPA by me. So I just put what I can in containers and everything else I pay someone to take care of. All that out of the way, you will probably have to replace the line but what you can do is try to lube that valve and then I can give you the part number for that cap that screws on and you can order it at the local dealership, they are cheap about 5 bucks. Mine leaks from that valve but I'm sure when I have my system evaced ect I will have the tech lube the valve for me, I would do it again myself but lack of capturing tools.

Well tell me how the fix holds. It should do ok, you should of tried a little teflon tape on those threads. just in case