Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

The MOPAR 3-panel aluminium cover is cheaper than the BakFlip (at least where I live) and IMHO looks much better. Plus you have the ability to fully lock the cover and tailgate (something you cannot do with the BakFlip). I had the same BakFlip cover on my previous truck (GMC Canyon), and I made my own locking cable to prevent (lazy) thieves from breaking in to the cover.
I had some issues with the seals early on and had a bad experience with the owner at BakFlip (in the U.S.) He wanted me to replace and install the main rubber seals on my own (he didn't want to pay the company that installed it to do the job.) How cheap is that?
My OEM Mopar cover ran me $863.00 installed. BakFlip was around $1000 and Roll-n-Lok was around $1400

The other negative with BakFlip is how the panels rest up against the back window, and how cheap are the rods that support the cover in the open position? They use cheap wire ties to hold the rods in place when not in use.

What I like about the MOPAR cover is I can access the front OR the back of the box simply by lifting either panel. You cannot do that with the BakFlip mode.

Last edited by blackpearldodge; 07-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.