Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
mpkonig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
your on the right track with the crazy spartan....in our case (qc's), we need a tq cam to get us movin from the gitgo. So the question is, what kind of complimenting mods are you going to do..that will dictate how mild or aggressive you can cam. You mentioned gears (4.56's)...how about tq verter, plan on keeping that stock? and tuning? canned only or do you think you'll custom tune it? you can then get a more aggressive lsa for it. but you have plenty of choices..crazy jay, crazy spartan, comp 260, sidewinder...
well...thats what im trying to figure out...i know i want a cam...i know i want gears...i know i want LT headers.....but other than that..im kinda clueless...havent read much about the tq converter and what i could do with that....im planning on getting a tune(s) from hemifever once i get it done.. and what is an lsa?

i mostly drive this around town, no highway miles and if so its usually like 5 to 10 miles on highway and maybe a jaunt to orlando or daytona beach (150 to 200 miles) once every 3 to 6 months.....so im guessing im looking for a more "out of the gate" performance...maybe take it to the local speedway and do some 1/4 mile runs.. the more help you can give..the better cause i want to do it right the first time and in one shot and not piece it together. Thanks