Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:57
1500Ram9987 will become famous soon enough
Default Infiniti G35

It was a sunny hot day (about 90*) and I was out in my truck heading to Lowes for a couple small things. I end up getting a red light where the lane next to me is open, which happens to end in about 1/8th of a mile. You either have to turn or merge. Most people who take this lane turn into the local HyVee about 500ft after clearing the intersection.

Anyway I'm always excited to get the pole position and am eager for someone to try their luck against my truck. As I'm sitting there enjoying the nice breezy day I see what looks like a G35 coming up fast from behind, sure enough he jumps over into the open lane. It was a 2003 - 2006 g35 sedan. Not wanting to look like an ass I always wait to see what the other guy will do before I drop the hammer. The light turns green and we both slowly roll into it. I don't like running the AC when it is such a beautiful day out so I had my windows down and could hear him get on it... he sure wasn't planning on turning into HyVee. I follow suit and immediatly stop his pull. He held at my passanger door before slowly dropping and then letting off all together and peacefully merging behind me. We only ran it up to about 55mph.

I thought the g35 was going to be a little tougher than that, especially with it's weight advantage. But in this case I think I won the torque battle. I didn't get to see the full badging on the back (although he got to see mine ) to see if it was an "x" or "s" version or even both. I'm assuming it wasn't either based on the outcome of our little run. Either way it was fun and I was very proud of my Hemi!
268 Comp Cam, Coated Pacesetter LT Headers, Y-pipe, Custom Exhaust, K&N CAI, Edge Billet 3000 stall TC, 4.10s, Auburn LSD, E-Fan, 180* t-stat, tapered/bored Fastman TB, 20% UDP, DSP, Hemifever Custom Tune
Sponsored links