View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:25
Bulldawg1359 is on a distinguished road

You could brush it on, but it doesn't work too well like that. Plasti dip can be found at ACE Hardware and Home Depot for like $6. ( I got mine from ACE cause Home Depot was all out.) It comes in a spray can and a "dipping tube" thing for dipping tools in. Purchase the spray can. Prep is easy. Just clean of the surface and mask everything off. Then spray at a reasonable distance. It doesn't drip too much. Do a couple of coats and it should be fine. Plasti dip can come in a variety of colors but I used flat black. I plasti dipped my chrome grill on my sport and the results were amazing. Now the top grill matches the bottom. Here are some pics. I am a painting rookie and I did a great job with ease. It has been a couple of weeks now and I have been driving on the highway and in extreme Georgia heat. The plasti dip has held up very well. Also, if you make a mistake (say you got it on the car paint) it will come off with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Overall Plasti Dip is a great invention and you cant really go wrong with it! I am thinking of doing my emblems and even my wheels with it. Hope this helps!! Best of luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (8).jpg (114.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg photo (7).jpg (109.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg photo (3).jpg (100.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg photo (2).jpg (66.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (93.6 KB, 79 views)