Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Big Horn Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RamboObmar is on a distinguished road

Hey there - we went up to the Belgrade Lakes region about 30 miles northwest of Augusta. It is nice up there - can really escape the rat race... Portsmouth is a fun city and a great port. tough in the winter tho.

Im really starting to think that the 3.92 gears dont suffer from any worse gas mileage than the 3.55. As someone else first noted, the 3.92 gears probably allow the motor to kick into ECO mode sooner than the 3.55 gears and to stay in ECO mode longer when engaged.

Anyway, I dropped my tire pressure to 38 cold F/R and can definitely report that the ride is much much softer. I drive the same backroads to work everyday, so I know where the bumps are and I can feel the difference. Not only is the ride more smooth, there is less suspension and tire NVH. Makes sense. Im going to try 35PSI cold F/R tomorrow to see if the ride improves further.

Thanks for the reports, Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I've got an '10 CC Sport with the HEMI (3.92 rear end). I just did a 200 mile round trip to a zoo in East Tx. I was running 70-75 on I20 and I got 17.62MPG with the tires inflated to the factory 35psi (warm temp of about 38psi via EVIC). This was very hilly, so I'm sure that had something to do with the mileage. I was quite please with it though.

Last year I took a trip to New Orleans (about 350 miles one way) and I got about 20MPG going down with the cruise set at 69. Coming home I was running 75--80 and got about 17 MPG. This is mostly flat roads, so again I was quite pleased with the results.

Where in Maine did you go? I love that area up there, and miss it. I was stationed in Portsmouth, NH while in the Coast Guard and took frequent trips up along the coast when I was broke and had time on my hands (gas credit cards were wonderful things back then LOL)

Exco