Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram MEGA cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Dark Grey Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:137
millon9 will become famous soon enoughmillon9 will become famous soon enough

Although I am a LEO... I have been pulled over a few times....maybe more than a few. 99.5% of the time the cop is fine, even if I am getting a ticket, they are professional, and direct with it, not spouting off and being a douche. However, I can remember 3 incidents where the police officer was just completely out of line with his tone, and demeanor. One was a NYSP officer, turns out I work with his brother, and douchery is a family trait. The other 2 were by the same police officer, 2 years apart, in Carlisle, PA. I went down for the car show in May in 2009 and 2010, driving my Grand Am, which is quite ticketable for stupid non-safety related offenses. While I did not get a ticket either time, he felt the need to berate me, even though I was polite and professional with him both times.

First time he somehow tried to tell me that it was a law that your tail lights must be visible from 200ft away while in direct sunlight. He failed to answer however who has thier tail lights ON during the daytime, and am I ticketable if I have them off?

Second time he literally called me out of my hotel room to again berate me for some meaningless violation on my car while in the hotel parking lot. This is after dozens of town cops, county sheriffs, and state troopers had already driven through the lot, and not said a word to me. Tell me that's not uncalled for.....?

Anyhow, to answer the original post, yes, bad apples have ruined the reputations of many LEOs. On the other hand, I also believe alot of complaints stem from the violators belief of 'self-supremecy', where they take offense to ANYONE who tells them they are wrong. Some people honestly think that the police 'don't have the right' to pull them over for wrong doing.

www.woundedwarriorproject.org
Donate and help the people who gave limbs to help you!

Jason