Old 07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough
Default What are Headers? Lol

I've gotten the basic mods on my truck out of the way, except for a programmer, and those aren't available yet

So now I'm tryin to plan out my next mods. I would like to put a magnuson blower on it, but I won't be able to afford that for another year or two. So I'm considering headers, cause I hear a lot of people talking about them. Will headers satisfy my need for speed? Or are they just gonna leave me wanting for more? I want mid to low 13s in my truck.

Also, how do I get headers installed? And are they really loud? If they are, they're out of the question, I don't want to be any louder. Would I have to make modifications to my exhaust with headers?

Somehow I think if I just supercharge my truck, I can be done with mods, and I'll probably run 13 seconds flat...I don't mind a one year wait, but if I need help deciding if supercharging is the way to go, or if there are other bolt ons that I should do instead.
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Sponsored links